- you have ever walked into a room and have no clue why....even if that room is the bathroom.
- you have ever tried to unlock your house door with the keyless entry key chain to your car.
- you have ever shushed an adult for using their "outside voice" or corrected their grammar...just out of habit. Especially "yes ma'am" (this is for fellow Southern moms, I guess)
- you have ever worn any article of clothing inside out....all day.
- you have watched an entire show....and can't remember what happened.
- you have ever read an entire chapter....and have to re-read the whole thing.
- you have ever talked to your spouse in a "baby voice".
- you have laughed hysterically at something no one else finds funny....it's called delirium and it will pass (in at least 18 years).
- you have had a Redbox movie for over 3 days....and still haven't watched it.
- you don't realize that you're still watching Disney Channel....and there are not any kids in the room.
- you know all the theme songs to those shows you are sleep watching. Phineas and Ferb....pretty catching!
- Goldfish count as a meal in your world.
- you forget something 10 minutes after it came out of some one's mouth...or even your own.
- you can't remember people's names....it's okay, you probably have enough friends anyway.
- if you have poured half and half in the kids' cereal instead of your coffee cup. (they'll survive)
- you chopped, diced, browned and prepared dinner in your slow cooker.....hours later you realize.....slow cookers work much better when they are turned on.
- you have ever started your coffee pot with just water.....no coffee (totally did this a few weeks ago, who knew it would make such a mess).
- you can fold clothes without looking (I actually consider this a talent that we acquire in time...out of pure necessity).
If you have any of these symptoms you probably have Mom Brain. Don't worry, just sit tight....you WILL get better. In 18-20 years.
|They sure are cute....but they give me a bad case of Mom Brain.|
A to Z blogging post (M)