Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Best fruit dip ever.....the recipe is now in your hands



When I was a kid my parents and their friends had a lot of get togethers.  The kids all entertained each other, running around causing mayhem while the parents enjoyed their margaritas and neighborhood gossip.  

You would often times find the kids gathering up a communal plate (or if you were like me, just one for yourself because you are unapologetic and selfish with food) of goodies.  Every time we were at a certain friend's house(Hi Sarah!), her mom supplied us with endless amounts of this amazing fruit dip.  Fanny was already an ultra cool mom.  First of all, she was from Holland.  As a kid, people with accents are way cooler than anyone else.  The fruit dip was not the only thing bringing me happiness from that house....she also made us buttered toast with chocolate sprinkled on top for breakfast!  Seriously, so good.

I was in love with this fruit dip.  So in love, that when B and I got married, this was probably the first recipe I asked for from anyone.  I called my childhood best friend's mom, Fanny, and asked her to give up the goods.  Luckily, for me, she did and I have cherished it ever since. 

This fruit dip has been present at almost every one of my kiddos' Birthday parties, a few Christmas morning brunches and countless friend's houses for an addition to a meal, party or shower of some sort. 

At first, I didn't want to share the recipe with friends, but eventually I started to share it a little bit.  Now, I pass it on to you.  It is almost sad how easy it is but you will need to keep this in your recipe book....or let's get real here, your Recipe Pinterest board.

Beware....once you take this fruit dip along with some cut up fruit to any event, you will be asked to bring it again.  But, come one....isn't it great to be needed?




You will need 1+1+1+1....
1 brick of cream cheese (softened)
1 jar of marshmallow creme
1 splash of vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar

Voila!!!

Tip: the organic cream cheese works so much better than Philadelphia.  It is softer from the get go so you don't have to leave it out to soften too long. It's a lot easier to mix as well.  I have used reduced fat the past few times and I couldn't tell a difference either.  Just use whatever you have on hand.



In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and marshmallow creme on medium low until combined.  Then pour in your cup of powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla.



Mix well on medium and be prepared for flying powdered sugar....


Don't forget to do this...
the perks of being the only kid at home at the moment....


This is important too....

we did have to switch it to a smaller bowl...
and then you have this.....

Fanny's Fruit Dip
For large crowds we usually double the recipe....and believe me, you would rather have too much rather than too little.

We have served it with every fruit imaginable but the favorites are strawberries, grapes, kiwi, apples and pineapple.  To up the cuteness quotient, just slice some fruit and put it on top of the dip. 

Go forth, my friend, and take a big ol' bite out of that goodness.  If it's served with fruit the calories don't really count.  Promise.





Are you done taking pictures now?  Can I just eat this apple already?

7 comments:

  1. YUM! I love stuff like this!!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! I may have to go buy some strawberries tonight and make this!

    Found you through the Welcome Wednesday blog hop! Following via GFC. Would love if you stopped by and visited me!

    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can stand witness to the deliciousness of this dip. One tip that I was given when you gave me the inside scoop on this recipe is to make one batch for whatever your occasion and then make a SECRET batch for yourself and eat it after the kids are asleep so they can't get their grubby lil paws in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, looks yummy sweet! Love the kiddies enjoying the leftovers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks amazing :) And I love the story. It's what makes the dip even more delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delish certain to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe; I've had it before and it is Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...