Thursday, April 19, 2012

P is for.....Pray like a child

Each night we say our prayers together. We have our typical prayer, Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord our souls to keep....but then we add on whatever is on our minds.  The kids prayers are always so open and honest.  I admire this because, as an adult I tend to be more guarded with my prayers, especially when they are out loud.  T is about at this point now, at 13, he will say a prayer out loud at small group but it's more of a God is great, God is good type of thing.  As he's gotten older, his prayers are more guarded like mine.  R prays for things cautiously and considerately. I have never heard her pray from things that are frivolous or material, at least not aloud.  G though, at 5, still has that innocence that only a 5 year old can.  He come to God and talks as he would talk to me or his dad.  He talks freely and with an ease that most adults lack. 
I think we should all come to God as children and it would be a much more honest prayer. 
Here is the video of G praying last night, you will have to listen closely.  For translation sake; he is basically telling Him, thank you for a good heart and a good family and we love you God, we love you.
video


Blogging A to Z.....

1 comment:

I am so glad you stopped by to join the craziness of my world....I love reading your comments! Before you drop your URL like it's hot why not try looking around the blog and checking it out. Love reading the thoughtful comments that people leave and getting that connection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...