Monday, April 9, 2012

Eggs, Easter and a family that loves each other.... (F, G and H)

so sue me....I'm like 3 posts late on A to Z blogging.  Let's play catch up and combine all of my late posts along with my new one. 

Easter weekend was amazing.  Weather in my part of the world was gorgeous!  We enjoyed spending time together, a beautiful church service and great food.  We also dyed Easter eggs which was so much fun....and easy with the Kool Aid method I found on Pinterest.  Head over to Hey! Jen Renee and dig through all of her ideas..she's genius.  After finding this Kool Aid dying secret, I suddenly felt cheated out of many long hours of dying Easter eggs with PAAS kits and (unsuccessfully) holding my eggs in the dye with the little octagon shaped wire hanger/egg holder.  And the whisk....one more moment of "why the heck didn't I think of that years ago?!".   Here's our fun egg dying experience...
F is for Fun Times!



Using a whisk to hold the egg while dying....I just blew your mind, right?!





before


after
Even the  moody, teenage boy liked dying eggs. 

G is for Grateful


I am forever grateful for the family I have been blessed with.  B and I will be married 14 years this July...pretty amazing to have this kind of love story.  Ups and downs and all around...we are a family and will stick together through it all.  I am so proud of us and the family we have created together. 

Easter 2012
H is for Happy kids.....


They may drive me nutty and make me want to pull my thinning hair out but they are happy and I love them.  There are times where we just fall on the floor laughing at each other and to me, that helps me remember that we are doing things right.  They are goofy, love practical jokes, wrestling, making fun of each other and themselves....I love them so deeply.  In the wise words of Jerry Maguire...they complete me. 

I hope all of you had a fantastic Easter weekend!

This post is a part of the A to Z challenge.....

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty eggs, and great post! Family time is always great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...