Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School......are you jumping for joy or crying into your laundry?

Well.....I woke up at 5:30 this morning, my relaxing waves replaced with the annoying beep-beep-beep of the alarm.  1st day of school for T and R.  I made cinnamon rolls and cut up some fresh strawberries and made myself a huge pot of coffee.  Our summer is now long gone, only to be remembered by the vacation pictures I tend to revisit at least once a month.  I have to tell you, friends....it was tough dropping my now 7th grader off at junior high.  He just seems to small to be walking into that school full of hormones and Honors classes.  R is headed to 4th grade and will be in the same school she's been in since Kindergarten.  I'm completely at ease about today for her...she even has a teacher she's had before....and we adore her.  It's still a new year though and with girls the social aspects can sometimes be harder than the academics.

My prayer for the first day of school:
God, please guide and protect my children all school year long. 
Please keep their minds and hearts open to new friends, new places and new things.
Help them always carry Christ in their heart and represent Christians the best they can.
Let them feel secure and safe in themselves and confident in their point of views.
Please help give them calm hearts and minds and let them be a catalyst in whatever they do.
Give them the compassion and sympathy they need to make it through this school year with their integrity. 
Help me let them walk on their own two feet and be their own people.
Amen


Tomorrow is G's 1st day back....more pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...