Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another First Day......I might need to become a Red Bull drinker according to this schedule.

Today G had his first day back to pre school.....he goes to the most wonderful pre school in all of the world. No, I'm not exaggerating, his teacher is amazing and she knows how to teach any and every personality.  He wanted to stay when we went to his "meet the teacher" day where he just saw how the centers were rearranged, so I didn't have any anxiety about dropping him off this morning.  Until.....one of my friends who's child is also attending the pre school said "have a great last first day of pre school!"......doh! That hurt, I didn't think about it that way.  His very last, first day of the pre school he has been going to since he was 2 1/2.  The next step is Kindergarten (gulp!).  Not sure I'm ready for that and I gotta tell you that I'm not quite sure I will send him.  Texas isn't doing so swell in the Education department right now.....32 kids in one class is not something I want for my little guy.  Anywho.......
Today was T's 1st day of football practice!  He came out smiling and not puking so I guess that's a good thing.  He had a blast and is pumped about the mouth piece....not so much about the jock strap so I'm having to rush to the store tonight for slider shorts.  Yay.  I was in a car rider line 5 different times today. 
1. Dropping off T at the Junior High
2. Dropping off R at the Elementary school
3. Picking T up from Junior High.....until he called me 1 minute (exactly!) before the bell rang and tells me he does have football practice. So I got out of the line I had been in for an hour (2nd in line too!) and came back to pick G up from his school. 
4.  Picking up R from the Elementary
5.  Picking up T from football practice

Then, I had to make it to an Athletics meeting at 6....oh, just 30 min. after I got out of the football practice line.  No biggie.
So, this is what it's like.  I was used to soccer practices and running everywhere but now that T is school sports I can already tell how nutso it will be.  I've never had an energy drink in my life....but it might have to find it's way into my car for all this Taxi driving I'm doing. 

Here is G for his 1st day!

My big 4 1/2 year old!


Yep, that's my 7th grader. He finally got his "tree" picture we do every year and turned it into a silly photo shoot.


1 comment:

  1. that last pic is priceless! A child's progression thru school is so bitter sweet i'll die a little bit when my eldest makes his first steps into elementary school.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...