Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Night Lights.....

I live in Texas.

Therefore, my firstborn son must be a football player.

Okay, not really but it does seem like it sometimes. 

Texas and High School football go hand in hand.  Every Friday night the football stadium is filled with people of all ages. 

Today was Homecoming in my neck of the woods.  This is BIG, folks. 


Homecoming mums and garters are worn by everyone from Kindergartners to Seniors and all of the parents take picture after picture.

These mums are not just flowers pinned to the shirts, they are fake flowers with tons of ribbons and other adornments. 

I only had one mum to buy this year.  With G staying home with me for Kinder, I didn't worry about a garter but next year we'll get him one.  T didn't ask anyone to Homecoming so I didn't have to worry about that either.

But R's mum turned out super cute.

Have you ever seen anything like that before? 

I know that a lot of High Schools use Homecoming as a time to have a dance that mirrors Prom but not us.  In Texas, it's all about the glitz, baby.

You buy a expensive mum or a garter.
You take pictures of all the kiddos wearing said mums ans garters.
You take the kids to the game.

Luckily, I have in laws and friends who are amazing and instead of sitting in the packed bleachers I'm already in pajamas hanging out with G. 


Speaking of football......T had his 1st real game last Tuesday and it was so much fun.  He was the starting kicker.  He is an avid soccer player and to be kicker on the football team is a dream come true.  He's doing what he loves, but on a football field. 

They lost, big time.  But what fun it was to watch him out there. 


 
 
How does your town do Homecoming?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...