Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for...Just living in my Pinterest world

Are you a pinner?  A pin-aholic?
I am right there with you.  In my little Pinterest world I live the high life.  I would love to live in the home that could be created from my pins....although there is no way I could ever afford it.  Stay at home moms should unite for a pay increase!  I am also a brilliant teacher and philosopher in my Pinterest world, with plenty of beautiful photos with witty and inspiring sayings written across a sunset or waves. 
I guess Pinterest could be my alter ego or maybe just a grown up version of playing "house".  The recipes have been an amazing time saver and most of the ones I've tried have been really good.  I have been inspired to garden from my Pinterest pins....now if I could only make it to Lowe's to support my Pinterest habit.  It seems like every time I am on the way to Lowe's there is a reason I can't go.  Shut up, sub concious....I DO need to buy flowers and succulents!  I have also found endless ideas for homeschooling, which I will be doing next year with G for Kindergarten.  So, yes....Pinterest is a HUGE time-suck....but I love it and therefore, I pin.  Here are a few of my favorite pins from this past week or so.  If you are not a fellow pinner and would like to be, let me know in the comments with an email address and I will send you an invite.  If you are on Pinterest and have boards that may inspire me, let me know!

Sometimes, when you have a big span in between kiddos you tend to forget about the lovely little things that entertain the younger ones.  This is a prime example, I need to build/grow this for my little man. Every kid deserves a hide out. 



The amount of time we spend worrying about how we look....could be spent doing so much more. 



I love this idea....because of it's simplicity.  A birdbath, especially one in great colors can be turned into a succulent oasis.  I will be doing this.  Promise.



Seriously sweet, this bag would be the greatest vacation/beach bag. Ever.

Source: etsy.com via Elizabeth on Pinterest


Creative, rustic and cute.  This could be used as 1 or combine a few at different heights.  Would make a great little shelf under a window in a kid's room.

Source: bhg.com via Elizabeth on Pinterest


I am one of those weird people who touches everything while walking through a store, I love to hold, touch and feel everything.  Especially rocks and pebbles. This would be my dream backsplash.



Your mind was just blown.



I hope all of you have a fabulous rest of the week. 

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I still have my invite to Pinterest waiting in my email. Why? Because I hear it is such a huge time suck, and frankly, I simply cannot afford another one right now. But I did enjoy your photos. Especially that pebble backsplash! How cool!

    It's nice to meet you! I'm a new follower via the A to Z. Come on by and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am sooo addicted to Pinterest. If I have a spare 10 min rather than checking email or logging into Facebook or Twitter, my first stop is Pinterest. When school is out (for me) in 3 more weeks, I vow to do at least one thing I've pinned a week!! In my "pinned life" I am a gourmet cook, organizing freak, best homeschool teacher ever, queen of DIY, and a fitness guru. New follower on blog and Pinterest :D btw, love your board names "Fitness...I guess" and "Books I Love or Soon Will"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...