Friday, November 18, 2011

Dinner Conversations

Last night is one of the first nights in a while I've actually been able to join the family at the dinner table.  With my dad in the hospital still recovering from his heart transplant sometimes I don't make it home until they are already fast asleep.  So, last night I made pasta with Italian sausage and ground beef in a fabulous, so not homemade sauce, and we sat at the dinner table and gabbed.  I decided to bring out a page I ripped out of a magazine months ago to start some conversations.  TV was turned off and we had a great time.  I thought some of the questions would be over 5 year old G's head but he had some great answers along with the big kids.  Here's a little taste of our Q&A session:

Name 5 things you would take on a deserted island.

G (5 years old):  1. Drinks
                             2. Food
                             3. Towels ('cause you know I would need a bath)
                             4. you guys
                              5. and a massage person 'cause on my island there would be someone to come and massage me and it would turn into Hawaii where they would serve me food and everything.....

R and T both totally cheated and chose Food, Drink and Shelter for their top 3 too....I told them they were too old for that and had to pick again.  They still stayed super practical, matches (in a baggie), cell phone with solar charger (in a baggie), inflatable raft.

If parents could switch places with kids and kids could switch places with parents...which one would you be? We said that you would have to remain in that person's body.  So, if you were Dad, then you looked like Dad.

T (12.5 years old) had the best answer for this one.....he said that he would be his dad.  Then he went on to describe what he would do....
I would go to Dad's work and I would declare it Poofy's Dance Party Day and I would get the whole refinery to break out in dance.

Niiice.  Not sure his Dad's work would go for it.

If you could be anyone in history, including people alive today, for one hour who would you be?

T said Mark Zuckerberg
R (almost 10 years old) said Selena Gomez (hmmm....wonder why....maybe a little thing called Justin Bieber)
I said Ellen (because we would be BFF's for sure if we met so I might as well be her for an hour, and it wouldn't hurt to be her during one of the 12 Days giveaways)

Those are just a few but it was a blast....it's interesting to see what everyone comes up with.  I'll leave you with the rest of the questions so you can steal them for your own dinner convos.

If you could have only one of your senses, which would it be?

Parents can visit one of their kids at some point in the future; kids can visit their parents at some point in the past.  Where would you go and what time period would you choose?  (This is my favorite and we missed it last night! Would have loved to hear these answers)

You can go get anyone from the past and bring him or her to the present for one hour.  Whom would you bring and what would you do with them?

If you had the ability to transform into an animal, which animal would you choose?

Name 5 places you want to go in the next 10 years.  What 5 things do you want to do there?

You can't time travel, but you can send one object back to anyone you want.  What would you send them and whom would you send it to?

What is the one thing you wish you had discovered?

Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post & I'm so stealing the questions!! Hoping this comment posts. Been having probs with posting comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...