Thursday, May 26, 2011

School's Out for SUMMA'.....and 5 Question Friday

This week has been a whirlwind of "end of the school year festivities"! 

G using my Nook to keep him occupied before one of the award programs for the kiddos


T with one of his awards



Pizza Time! at G's Swim Day



Caught in the act!



R receiving her award for 0 conduct marks ALL year long ....she was 1 of 2 kids in her grade


Sack races at Field Day


This pic makes me sad....this is as we were leaving today.  T's last day in elementary school..moving on to Junior High.
 Bittersweet for sure! 

Now on to 5 Question Friday!

Every week (I try) to link up with My Little Life for 5QF.  She gives a sneak peek on Thursday so you can prepare your post and then she posts the linky Friday morning.  Go link up and join in. 

1. Do you apologize to your kids?



I have definitely apologized to my kids.  I think they need to know that I am totally human and make mistakes.  If i was too hard on them for something because of something I was peeved at for the moment, it wasn't their fault and I needed to cool my jets.  I am also a screamer, as much as I hate to admit that.  It takes a bit to get me there, but I do tend to raise my voice more than I would care to admit and I am constantly trying to improve on this flaw. 


2. What color are your nails right now?


My name is Liz, and I am a nail biter.  My nails are bare and au natural....and extremely short.


3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)


My mom stayed home with us until I was in junior high...so it was a bit easier to talk her into why I needed to stay home that day. I would pick an ailment and stick to it like white on rice.  She would try to tell me, when she really knew deep down that I was faking, that I wouldn't be able to watch TV all day, I would just have to sleep.  She never stuck to it though.  And I say the same thing to my kids and don't stick to it either.  I think if she would have been working it would not have been as easy to talk her into it...she would have someone else holding her accountable.  But since she didn't...she was a total pushover in this way. Yay for us!


4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?


I bought a duvet cover about a year ago but I still use the comforter I got about 5 years ago, maybe more from my dad and step mom for my Birthday, I like the weight of it and it's easy.  I am not especially fond of it anymore but I am such a cheapo that I don't go out shopping for big items until it becomes completely necessary, like when it becomes threadbare.  Although, I am a sucker for linens on clearance.   But I never find King's on sale, it's always stuff for the kids' beds...go figure.


5. Favorite website(s)?

I have tons of faves but I will narrow it down.
 
Every week I visit a few chosen sites, some I've mentioned before.
 
Southern MOMentum (hilarious ladies)
The Working Momaholic (my BFF and she's super witty)
Facebook
Twitter ( I now see why everyone likes it BUT I don't like how impersonal it is.  I have one "real" friend on there, the rest are bloggers and the like.  Fun...yet not very personal)
The Pioneer Woman ('nuff said)
Photobucket or Picnik  (I've enjoyed playing around with editing lately...especially cross process)
Etsy
 
Now go and link up and have fun following some super cute blogs.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...