Friday, April 8, 2011

Five Question Friday!




I love reading every one's 5 Question Fridays and finally decided to link up myself.  My Little Life is hosting this little shindig.  So here we go......

1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?





hmmmm.....I try to be a very "love yourself" type of person, at least in front of other.  There's a few things I would love to change about myself, some physical traits, some skills and some mental issues I could do without (what? do I look anxious?!) but if I had to actually change something it would have to be my procrastinating.  I stall everything!  Cleaning the bathroom....ugh.  Dusting....why is this the most dreaded form of housework for me?  Organizing anything.....I start one thing and get tossed into 5 more. 
Today for example, after I've stalled by writing this post, I will start gathering things around the house for a charity garage sale I am helping to put on TOMORROW.  Why, oh why, did I wait until the day before?  I'll get it done but I'll leave a trail of chaos behind me as I fly through every room in the house to find donatable items. 



2. Write about a time when you got lost.

Getting lost is something I am sadly known for.  I live an hour outside of Houston and I do not like driving in traffic with others in the car with me except for the kids.  ?  I think it's because I tend to have a teensy bit of road rage.  And I hate being watched....if I'm driving with a self professed "good driver" than I feel judged...this is one of those mental traits I could do without.  I have gotten lost so many times it's hard to think of just one....let's just say that I love my Sprint Navigation on my phone and I use it all the time...even when I do know where I'm going, just to be sure.







3. Camping or 5 star hotel?


I would love to be one of those really granola moms who says-definitely camping- but I'm not.  We have a camper, with plenty of room to sleep everyone in the family and then some.  We have camped at many different places and have always had fun but I am just not in the depths of my soul one of those camping mamas.  I enjoy having a TV available, a shower I can actually stand at my full height under while enjoying warm water, and I kind of enjoy my food without ants or ant baits spread around the vicinity. 
I don't have to have a 5 star hotel...I'm definitely not that mom either.  My dream place to vacation.....a beach house right on the water where I can see and hear the waves at all times, a hammock would be nice and enough room for my kiddos to sleep and play.





4. Have you donated blood?




No....I have not.  
I have been on and off anemic for....well, I guess since I was a pre teen.  I knew I couldn't donate because of that.  I know there has been times where I have been better but I happen to have a huge fear of needles.  Yes, I am married to a type 1 Diabetic and I am deathly afraid of needles.  Everyone thinks I'm a wimp because of it but oh well...

 




5. Do you have a budget or do you 'fly by' most months?

((cringe))
ugh.....we are not budget followers...although we should be because we are constantly flying by the seat if our pants.  We are a 1 income household (hence the name, Staying HOME and Staying Sane) and living on 1 income is never easy and in our case never some leisurely way of living either.  It is a struggle, it is a sacrifice.  The money we spend on food alone is ridiculous!  A family of 5 that actually eats pretty healthy....not cheap.  That said.....I have tried the budget thing numerous times and failed.  I need a budget pro to just step in and take over!





5 comments:

  1. Hi, I am your newest follower coming from We Don't Have It All Together:) Thanks for visiting me earlier!

    If you're interested, I have a couple of giveaways going on. (Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the best!) They are listed up at the top of my page under my header.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Thanks for following, I am a follower now. I have a wild tribe too. My kids love the Poptropica and I loved going to River Walk when I was in Texas many moons ago. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my piece of life.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to find you through Relax and Surf Sunday today. I'm a new follower and hope you'll pop over to my blog sometime soon.

    I'm not a camping mama, either. But, now that I'm up in Alaska, camping is the only way to go see some of the 'sights.'

    Laura
    daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower from a hop! Love your blog. The name made me laugh out loud!
    Hope you will stop by and see me and follow back!
    http://lookmanohands-robinson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!! I'm stopping by and following you from Relax and Surf Sunday. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...