Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break?

Who decided to call this Spring Break anyway? I know that the kids have a break from school but the moms have nothing of the sort. Who else wants to vote on a Summer Break for Stay at Home Moms and Dads? My hand is definitely raised!


We didn't go anywhere this Spring Break which leaves it completely up to me to find something to entertain the kids all day. The past few days have been gorgeous here in Texas, with 70 degree weather and sunshine galore. Today though it's nasty and rainy. Cabin fever is not a good thing to have with an 11, 8 and 3 year old. :)

Yesterday, we were able to lounge outside in the front yard, I had my feet kicked up (with a blanket over them) and a good book in my lap. My youngest ones played tea party to their hearts content with Goldfish and Quaker Oat Squares as the snacks and water for their "tea". My oldest would venture out every once in awhile to visit but with his iPod attached at the wrist. When hubby got home we ventured to our fave place to eat for the best Mexican food ever and then we had fun bowling (just one game, 3 year olds don't have much of an attention span).

Today's plans are nil because of the weather, maybe we'll have a movie day, hey, maybe I can even talk my daughter into a game of beauty shop! Who doesn't like their hair brushed repeatedly and put into a side ponytail??

Hubby might take off Friday and we're thinking about heading to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid on the opening day.

Happy Spring (not) Break everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...