Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Full Moons bring out the best in me....

That was a complete lie.

My PMS is in full on crazy mode right now.

This might be made even worse by the fact that the new puppy is waking up in the middle of the night to go outside. Let me just remind everyone that I did  not want this puppy. Yet, WHO'S waking up in the middle of the night and stumbling outside into the freezing cold? ME.


I also started a new "diet" which I'm opposed to but summer is coming and those oh, so wonderful nights of cookies and milk are now attached to my stomach like a permanent muffin top. It's a shake thing....a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch. This could be the reason behind my moodiness because let me tell you, I love food.
I enjoy food. I eat slowly. I savor every meal. And now I'm supposed to drink this shake and feel satisfied? We'll see how this works.

It's cold outside. I live in Texas. I should be thankful for the cold, right?  In a few short weeks I'm sure I'll feel like I'm frying from the inside out but right now I am craving a day of nice, warm sunshine. I find myself drifting towards sunlight like a dying plantDoes a Vitamin D deficiency cause you to become confrontational? Yeah, I thought so.

We have Small Group tomorrow. Small Group is when teenage boys descend on my home with their non stop hunger. I love when they're here. I love being connected with them each week and that they know we love them and accept them even at this age when sometimes you really just want them to go into a cocoon for a while and emerge a nicer, less smellier version of themselves...we still accept them.
Hosting Small Group also means I need to clean my house. Although they are teenage boys and could care less about what my house looks like....I feel the need to clean it top to bottom. Last week, I went on strike and didn't mop the kitchen or bathroom floor at the prompting of my own teenage son who asked why I clean BEFORE they come over and make everything messy? Good point, Son.
I will still clean and hopefully mop the floor but I'm not promising anything because I am so tired right now I'm not even sure if I'm actually writing this or just dreaming about writing this.

I have a dentist appointment in the morning. I have a major phobia about dentist. Like MAJOR. I call to make an appointment and literally can't breathe. They obviously put this information in my file and tend to talk to me like a child...which I can't say I hate. because it's oddly soothing to be patted on the arm continuously while someone is drilling in your mouth. I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. And one way I plan on dealing with it is promising myself real food for lunch tomorrow (as soon as I have feeling in my mouth again)...and I'm talking Whataburger. Take that stupid shakes.

I will save the rest of my rants, raves and ramblings for another day because I can feel my slipping from the slope of politically correctness.

Have a great rest of the week and please pray for me that I don't have a massive panic attack at the dentist tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. I am so terrified of the dentist i never went back to have work finished, i'm 20lbs overweight, i broke out, i all of a sudden look more like my husband's mom than his wife, and i feel like i can no longer have people in my home because these people are such slobs. All that to say i'm sorry i just ranted about me on your blog, i mainly meant to say i understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to feel like you're not the only one losing your mind?
      I like the feeling of camaraderie between crazy, acne prone moms who don't really give a crap about that dust on the bookshelf or the laundry that needs to be put away. At least until company is due to come over.....

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...