Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloweenies

Well, Halloween has come and gone.

And now it's time to put up the Christmas tree!

I wish.  Honestly, just thinking about all the Christmas presents I have left to buy gets me a little shaky.

We had a blast on Halloween though, we headed out to the neighborhood I grew up in and snagged my dad's gold cart to take the younger kids trick or treating.  T waved us off to spend time with his friends....who are way cooler than us.

Here's what the crazies dressed like...



T snagged a pillow case out of the linen closet and drew the $....he also wrote a quote (he quoted himself) "Give me candy or give me death-TD"





And by crazies I meant every single one of us.

G and I have been doing tons of Halloween crafts this month. 

I loved our Frank craft.  I put together an interview with it so that G could practice with inference. Frank has been hanging on our fridge ever since.  I traced outlines of clothing and the head for G to cut out on his own.


Our skeleton craft was fun too.  We did this along with our study of the Day of the Dead. We jammed to Latin music and made Calaveras masks.  The writing prompt was, "What do your bones love to do?"  G's answer: My bones like to break boards!"  He's a Tae Kwon Do addict.

You might have seen the Calaveras on my Instagram. If you're not following me, you can find me under elizabethsavilledodds.

Now, I am off to see just how many of the DIY Christmas gifts I have pinned are actually feasible.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We love rockin' the DIY look. The best part about Halloween. I love that my kids are just as super dorky as me.

      Delete
  2. LOVE that skeleton with the Q-tips! That is really clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...