Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lake fun

We have been having such a great time just enjoying family.  We spent 2 nights and 3 days and Compass Lake, a place where I have tons of childhood memories.  The kids have been there just a few times but this time they are all old enough to remember all of the fun things they did. 


The outdoor shower was a huge hit, as always.  What kid (or grown up) doesn't enjoy an outdoor shower? We had sandy feet for 3 days straight and loved it.

Spending the 4th of July on the lake was a ton of fun and watching my husband, T and my cousin try to make cheer worthy fire work displays was even more fun.  
When we got back to my grandfather's after the lake house my sister and my brother in law had already made it here so we have had a blast of a sleepover. 

My sister lives in Austin, which is only about 3 hours from me but with her work and our crazy schedules this has been our first vacation together in a long time.  

JUMP!
R waiting for her own dock jump


Lighting fire works for the 4th

Father/Son dock jump!

B loving on G while hanging on the dock

R and my cousin's pup, Penelope

My three water bugs

Night time turtle hunting

My girl and me

T made it up on the skis!  His first time to ski and he made it up on his secong try.

My sis and me laughing....as usual.


Tomorrow we leave my grandfather's and head to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for a little more fun in the sun.  I can't wait to see the resort, I've heard some wonderful things about the place and can't wait to see it for myself.  We will be letting you know about while we're there, including pictures of our digs and the resort itself.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...