Thursday, April 26, 2012

U is for....Upcycled

Who's not a fan of upcycling?  I absolutely love it when I see the creativity involved in taking something that could be thrown away or recycled and then turning it into something really useful or beautiful.  I always find my favorite things on Pinterest, let's face it....it seems to be the easiest place to find the greatest ideas out there.  Here are some of my favorites that I have pinned on my own boards....

I know I have shown you this one before but I just love this idea.  Using a chick feeder as a little shelf. Perfect.  This idea comes from Better Homes and Gardens.

Source: bhg.com via Elizabeth on Pinterest


Solar Power Mason Jar lights!  So smart and so sweet....this brilliance came from BootsNGus, a beautiful vintage + handmade shop on Etsy.  They have some amazing things in their shop....crazy beautiful mason jar chandeliers, lamps, just some great stuff.



Using an old wagon to hold books!  So easy and makes so much sense....this idea came from Cory Connor Designs...she has a whole blog about designing on a budget!



This post has tons of ideas on using upcycled items as trellises in your garden. The post is from I Want to Make This but all of the ideas come from different places. 




There are so many great ideas out there......have you found any that you're into?  Please, do tell. 





A to Z blogging challenge.....

3 comments:

  1. I totally love Pinterest! COol ideas you have here. I will find you and add you. :)

    Coming over from A-Z.
    ~Naila Moon
    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/x.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love upcycling! The crutches, the Ball jar - so clever. Just found you on the A-Z,and I'm going to follow b/c I want to check back often for more cool ideas! So nice to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I've been 'upcycling' all my life. It just looks like I never throw any junk away. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...