1. As a boy about the age of 8 ran past us G lovingly said...." Ahh, he's so cute and chubby! Really chubby, Mom. Did you see that boy? How cute and chubby he was??"
2. Walking through another department he saw a girl that worked for Kohl's and she had a short little pixie haircut like his Aunt Brittany. She really looked nothing like her except she had short hair. So he says, "Mom! That girl looks like Aunt Brittany! " I nodded my head and continued to walk, then he said louder...." MOM! That girl looks like Aunt Brittany!!! Except she's a little uglier than Aunt Brittany! Aunt Brittany is pretty!"
UGH. I had to give the loud-enough-where-others-could-hear lecture of let's not talk like that and sometimes we can't say everything that pops into our head out loud.
Oh, 4 year olds.
I asked G a few questions earlier this week. His daddy had just walked in the door from work, so he was in Daddy mode for a few of these.
- What makes you happy? Daddy!
- What makes you laugh? Daddy! When we wrestle.
- What do you know about recycling? to keep the Earth clean!
- What do you know about God? (he put his hands on his hips and furrowed his brow for this one) well.....He has healing powers, He lives in the world and the bad guys nailed Him to the cross!
- Does Mommy ever do anything to make you laugh? uh....Daddy!
- What is your favorite dessert? Double chocolate vanilla cherry on top swirl (no clue)
- Favorite dinner? Peanut Butter and Honey fold over
- Does Mommy say a certain word all the time? oo-ee-oo-ah-ah-ching-chang-walla-walla-bing-bang (okay...I guess I sing the Witch Doctor song a lot)
- Why is Mommy's bed more comfortable than yours? Because I love you and Daddy.
- What makes Mommy laugh? ME!
- What makes Daddy laugh? Mommy!
- What makes you sad? Time out!
This was fun to see his answers....feel free to take these questions and have at it with your own little one.