Friday, February 19, 2010

Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas Review

Tim McGraw's Love Your Heart
written by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas
illustrated by Abigail Marble

First of all, this book really is beautiful.  It is a jacketed hardcover and has extremely vivid colors that catch a kid's eye immediately.  The illustrations are gorgeous, the little girl is very realistic and relatable. 
The story is very sweet and I like that it's a "Daddy's girl" story.  I read this to my three year old son and my 8 year old daughter and they both loved it. 
In the story, the little girl, Katie, is searching for the perfect talent for the upcoming Talent Show.  Her dad reassures her that she has many talents and watches on as she tries out all of them. 
She tries everything from cartwheels (ending in mud puddles) to teaching her dog how to juggle.  Along the way her daddy lets her know he loves her and to keep on trying. 
Eventually she discovers her greatest talent might just be halping others, when she finds her friend crying backstage at the Talent Show.  She finds out that her daddy loves her just the way she is but he especially loves her heart. 
I loved how sweet and innocent the book was while teaching a lesson, like all great children's books do.  Some books you see now for little girls can be sarcastic and too mature for the ages of the little girl who still enjoys a picture book.  This book is refreshing and since it was written by Tim McGraw, an outstanding Country singer and his songwriter, Tom Douglas, the words flow along nicely.  I would recommend this book for any child under the age of 12 where this might be a little too young. 
Great read, beautiful pictures and a nice quiet time with my kiddos. 
I reviewed this book selection for Thomas Nelson book reviews at Book Sneeze.  All opinions in this review are my own (and of course my kids). I was not paid to do this review but was given the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...