Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Can't Take These Kids Anywhere...

My oldest got all gussied up (can you say that about guys?) last night for his girlfriend's Dancin' Doll banquet.
What's that you say? I forgot a 'g' on Dancin'? Nope. This here is Tejas...and the 'g' is not a well liked consonant when it comes to ending words.
Dancin'
Talkin'
Runnin'
Jumpin'

This is official business here, folks.....it is the real name of the dance team at our high school. And I'm okay with that.

So....back to my handsome son who has finally decided that it's nice to be clean. Praise the Lord for growing up.
On the other hand, as soon as he got dressed...I got teary. Blame it on the hormones because of that always looming time of the month or just blame it on being a mom. Seeing your son looking like a real-deal-loose-wheel TEENAGER. Bittersweet.

After B ironed his shirt and had him looking presentable-I'm not allowed to iron, B says I make it look worse than it started-I dragged T outside to take pictures. Which he loved.

In our house, not just one person can have pictures taken...that's just sacrilegious. Photo bombers are everywhere!

Only one serious picture is taken because my kiddos can not keep a straight face or deny their super silly face the right to show itself. The parents can't either...it's genetic.


Here is our totally serious front yard photo shoot.....


I know what you're thinking.....is that a machete in his hand?!

Why, yes it is.

Don't worry, he just grabbed it out of the back of Hubby's truck and he wouldn't truly hurt her with it. We hope.

Once again, I remind you...this is Texas.

And how cute is my bathing beauty? She was heading off to Swim Team pictures and practice. Her first swim meet is this weekend....at 7:30 a.m. Yep. And it's about 40 minutes away. Fun, fun.

In case you haven't noticed...I really dig these kids.



And P.S.-I really didn't feel like messing around on PicMonkey and putting my blog's name on every picture or even on one picture and messing with the font and yadda, yadda, yadda. SO...if you steal these pictures I will hunt you down and force you to eat massive amounts of butter by the stick. Comprende, amigo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...