Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I'm Diggin' Blog Hop (1 day late!)



A little late?  Yes, yes I am.  Oh, the wonders of having your own blog.  You can post things when it is convenient to you.  Yesterday, I was at the hospital with my dad again and was not able to do much of anything from there....I guess I could have but let's face it, I just wasn't into blogging yesterday. 
Hopefully, this hop starts to pick up....last week I was the only person linked up (hello, loser).  I will try it a few more weeks and hope it picks up some steam along the way and then I might have to tweak it a bit. 

If you're new to What I'm Diggin' (and you probably are) you just write a post about What I'm Diggin', usually this hop is on Wednesdays and the super cute button is posted in my sidebar for you to steal.  You can post what you're really into that week or that day.  That could be anything from your favorite meal of the week so far or your favorite product you can't get enough of and anything in between.  Then you head to the Q&A portion of the post...just copy and paste and talk about yourself.  See? Easy peasy!  Be sure to link up below and spreading the word about the hop via button, Facebook or Twitter would be super awesome of you. 


What I'm Diggin' this week is my ability to find a good sale no matter what store I'm in.  Once my sister and I knew Dad was being released from the hospital yesterday, we left my dad and step mom there to get prepared to go in privacy and we headed out to "run a few errands".  Those errands included a stop at Anthropologie and then out to eat Greek for lunch.  Okay, so those were are only stops. They had an amazing sale going on at Anthropologie, which is good, because I don't plan on spending money on their regular prices.  My mad sale shopping skills came in handy and I snagged 2 pairs of gorgeous linen pants (dusty red and butter yellow) and a great pair of navy shorts that are so soft i could sleep in them....all for under $100!  Yeah, I'm good. 

Q&A! Summer edition!

1. What do you do to keep your kids occupied while traveling in the car or plane? 

2.  Favorite sunscreen for the family?

3.  Best kept secret for the beach or pool?  Handy dandy tips or fave toys or products.

4.  You are heading on a vacation with just your other half...where are you going??? (and how the heck did you manage that?!)

5.  Best State Park or local attraction that you love for your family outings or vacations?

...................................................................................................................................

1. What do you do to keep your kids occupied while traveling in the car or plane? In Texas we have so many great State Parks that any family can find their happy place.  When I was younger, I used to go with friends and family to Garner State Park, which is North of us.  The gorgeous Frio River is wonderful to float and Garner has a fun dance every night in the summer that entertains kids and grown ups alike.  It's seems very old fashioned like an old time street dance, powered by a jukebox playing the best country songs to dance to.  I have so many happy memories from there when I was a kid and I can't wait to one day take my own brood.  I might get up the courage next year....tubing with a 4 year old just seems scary to me. 


Now it's your turn to join this party!  Link up and spread the word!





well...the DVD player is pretty obvious, huh?  Other things would be the traditional stand bys: coloring books, activity books, markers (because the colors could melt), Play Doh (no tools, just the imaginiation and a ball of Play Doh).  And I recently found a magnetic travel Bingo at Target (in the luggage section) and my 4 year old loves it. 




2. Favorite sunscreen for the family?



I am in love with Aveeno Baby stick for the face or Aveeno Mineral Block stick for the face.  It never fails!!  And for the body we go for the original Water Babies liquid (not spray)...I like to use a 50 SPF.  It also always works. And for after the sun....and if you're kids got a bit red from lack of reapplication the Burt's Bees After the Sun Lotion is great.



3. Best kept secret for the beach or pool? Handy dandy tips or fave toys or products.



A strainer! 
And baby powder to help some of the sticky sand get off of your legs before you hop back in the car or house. 



4. You are heading on a vacation with just your other half...where are you going??? (and how the heck did you manage that?!)



hmmm.....I have never been to Hawaii and I know it is super cliche but I would love to go there for our 15th Anniversary, which is in just 2 short years.



5. Best State Park or local attraction that you love for your family outings or vacations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...